In the year 2016 a lot many trends made a comeback however, I am a little obsessed with dark lips, chokers, denim jackets, bell bottoms and many more. My favorite trend is the coming back of chokers. Chokers have been everybody’s favorite accessory .Velvet chokers, Leather chokers, Stone chokers and Lace chokers have been on the necks of every celebrity from Hollywood to Bollywood. Today I will provide you with the Ultimate guide to wear chokers right which includes – outfits to wear with different types of chokers and styling chokers in different ways.
A metal choker can make you look very boho. Boho style includes vintage accessories with long, flowy dresses , decorated sandals or ankle boots and natural looking hair .
» Steps to keep in mind while styling your choker
- Choose outfits in natural colours(White , brown , red, orange ).
- Choose Outfits which include lace, fringe , beads or dresses which are flowy .
- Additional accessories may include hats , large bags and chunky bracelets.
- Footwear (sandals , ballet flats, boots)should be in natural colors.
This is how I styled my choker
Who doesn’t LOVE hearts? A heart choker is a big fashion YESSSS! A heart choker is a statement piece. You can add your choker to any outfit to make it look extra CUTE and ADORABLE.
- Opt for outfits in girly colors (Pink, red , orange ).
- Choose preppy and feminine outfits.(girly blouses, A line skirts, colourful cardigans, thin sweaters)
» Remember the star cast of glee?
- Keep accessories to a minimum. You may just add headbands.
- Footwear may include pumps or ballet flats.
A printed choker adds glamour and color to any of your single colored outfit (round neck tees , dresses, maxis , over-sized jackets and sweaters ) ,basically anything. Printed chokers are available in different prints -floral , tribal , zig -zag ,animal print and geo)
» You can style the printed choker with
- Outfits in one solid color .
- You can slip on this choker with almost everything in your wardrobe .
- Keeping a dark lip shade would be a plus point.
- Accessories may include earrings matching your outfit.
- Footwear may include any and everything as it totally depends on the outfit you choose (heels or ballets with a dress, sneakers with oversized sweater, boots with shorts and a round neck Tee)
Instead of wearing a single choker, it is now time for wrapped style chokers .The golden tone tipped choker can be worn in a number of ways-make a bow, just wrap it or knot it. These chokers can enhance the look of any outfit with a deep neck or with a contrasting high neck to look glamorous in the winter season.
» Let me put forward a few steps to look elegant with this DIY bow choker.
- Slip on outfits with deep neck .
- Outfits should be body hugging – short skirt, trousers, shorts.
- Accessories should match the color of the tip of the choker .
- Accessories may include ear studs and rings.
Loved Jacqueline’s double layered choker ? Well, you can have one too . Layered chokers have minimum detailing but still make you look lovely and charming.
» Time to style our layered choker
- Looks best with off shoulder outfits (off shoulder tops, dress, gown )
- Outfits should be in colors like RED,ORANGE, WHITE , YELLOW , BLUE . (Colors that complement black (black choker)
- A red or orange lipstick would make heads turn
- Footwear should match color of lip shade for extra charm .
- Additional accessories may include earrings matching to the choker’s pendant(if the Choker has) .
You also have an option of pairing your chokers with ethnic outfits. Still thinking how is that possible?
- Pair the Metal Choker with your Lehenga . You need no extra accessory after that . Add footwear matching to the color of the choker.
- Have a simple Kurta? Pair it with your heart choker and ballet flats .
- Add a indo western twist to your embroidered skirt with the leather choker and a body-con black crop top.
- Turn your Floral Choker into a hand accessory and pair it with a white suit
I hope this Ultimate Guide to Wear Chokers Right helped you with every query related to chokers. You can shop all the chokers I styled from right here at damselcode
If you guys want any styling help or if you are confused about something you can post your query in the comment section below. I will be solving all your doubts .
See you until the next time I blog about some other accessory.
You can check my daily OOTD's and other fashion related poston instagram - @Mallaica or at my blog